January 3, 2011
Check the classifieds in this issue to learn about job opportunities--including a president/general manager, a director of bus transportation, an executive director, and a county director of transportation!
Plan to Attend TransITech 2011 in Conjunction with Fare Workshop
APTA has announced that it is holding its 2011 TransITech Conference, March 29-31 at the Hilton Miami Downtown in Miami, FL, at the same time and location as the APTA Fare Collection Workshop.
The conference schedule will offer joint sessions of interest to attendees of both events, as well as a shared exhibit showcase.
This year’s TransITech will provide a mix of session types, including both presentations and roundtable discussions, with an enhanced focus on information technology (IT)-specific and innovative technologies to balance with the previous emphasis on transit-focused and Intelligent Transportation Systems technologies.
APTA invites submittals for both presentations and roundtable discussions on topics including:
• Transit Core Business Applications;
• Cloud Computing, Service-Oriented Architecture, Software as a Service;
• Struggling IT Shops – How to Do More with Less;
• Maintaining a State of Good Repair for IT Infrastructure;
• Innovative Financing Strategies for IT Projects and Capital Investments;
• Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards;
• Building the Data Center of the Future;
• Hosting and Managed Services;
• Transitioning from Legacy Computer-Aided Dispatch and Automatic Vehicle Location Systems;
• Transit Key Performance Indicators and Dashboards; and
• Effective Procurement, Volume Buying, Cooperative Contracting.
Additional information on TransITech 2011 is available online.