August 17, 2009
Check the classifieds for positions including a CEO and a director of bus transportation!
Carter, Scanlon, Ford Head Slate of APTA Officers
Mattie P. (M.P.) Carter, a commissioner of the Memphis Area Transit Authority in Memphis, TN, has been nominated by the APTA Nominating Committee for election as APTA’s chair.
Michael J. Scanlon, general manager/CEO of the San Mateo County Transit District and Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain) in San Carlos, CA, was nominated for first vice chair, and Nathaniel P. Ford Sr., executive director/CEO of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency in San Francisco, CA, was nominated for the secretary-treasurer position.
The APTA Nominating Committee, chaired by John L. Inglish, general manager/CEO of the Utah Transit Authority in Salt Lake City, UT, met Aug. 10 to select nominees for this year's slate of officers. Nominees will stand for election at APTA's Annual Business Meeting, Oct. 4 in Orlando, FL, during the 2009 APTA Annual Meeting.
Nominated to fill open vice chair seats on the APTA Executive Committee are:
* Vice Chair-Commuter and Intercity Rail: Joseph Giulietti, executive director, South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, Pompano Beach, FL.
* Vice Chair-Management and Finance: Christopher P. Boylan, deputy executive director, corporate affairs and communications, New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, New York, NY.
* Vice Chair-Marketing: Alice Wiggins-Tolbert, director, project development, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Atlanta, GA.
* Vice Chair-Small Operations: Peter Varga, CEO, Interurban Transit Partnership (The Rapid), Grand Rapids, MI.
* Vice Chair-State Affairs: Michael A. Sanders, transit administrator, transit and ridesharing, Connecticut DOT, Newington, CT.
Nominated to second one-year terms as vice chairs are:
* Vice Chair-Business Members: Sharon Greene, principal, Sharon Greene and Associates, Laguna Beach, CA.
* Vice Chair-Business Member-at-Large: Delon Hampton, Ph.D., P.E., chairman of the board, Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered, Washington, DC.
* Vice Chair-Government Affairs: J. Barry Barker, executive director, Transit Authority of River City, Louisville, KY.
* Vice Chair-Human Resources: Doran J. Barnes, executive director, Foothill Transit, West Covina, CA.
Nominated to their third one-year terms as vice chairs are:
* Vice Chair-Bus and Paratransit Operations: Joyce Eleanor, CEO, Community Transit, Snohomish County, WA.
* Vice Chair-Canadian Members: Angela Iannuzziello, president, ENTRA Consultants, Markham, ON.
* Vice Chair-Rail Transit: Gary C. Thomas, president, executive director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Dallas, TX.
* Vice Chair-Research & Technology: Linda Bohlinger, vice president, national director of management consulting, HNTB Corporation, Santa Ana, CA.
* Vice Chair-Transit Board Members: Flora M. Castillo, board member, New Jersey Transit Corporation, Newark, NJ.
Board of Directors
The following transit system representatives and business members have been nominated to stand for election for four-year terms as regional directors:
* Region I: Ronald J. Kilcoyne, CEO, Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority, Bridgeport, CT; Stanley J. Rosenblum, division vice president, Jacobs, New York, NY.
* Region II: Paul E. Davis, general manager and CEO, Tri-State Transit Authority, Huntington, WV; Larry Yermack, president, Telvent USA, Rockville, MD.
* Region III: Paul J. Ballard, CEO, Nashville Metropolitan Transit Authority and Regional Transportation Authority, Nashville, TN; Hakan Eksi, general manager-transit products, L.B. Foster Company Inc. Transit Products Division, Suwanee, GA.
* Region IV: Joseph A. Calabrese, CEO, general manager/secretary-treasurer, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Cleveland, OH; Robert Andress, vice president, general manager, Global Transit Brake Group, Vapor Bus International-A Wabtec Company, Buffalo Grove, IL.
* Region V: John L. Wilson, general manager, Citibus, Lubbock, TX; Dan Kelleher, business area director, bus and rail, Mark IV Luminator, Plano, TX.
* Region VI: Timothy J. Fredrickson, general manager, Ben Franklin Transit, Richland, WA; John A. Somers, director, transit business development, Clean Energy, Seal Beach, CA.
* Region VII: Joel Gauthier, president and CEO, AMT Montreal (Agence Metropolitaine de transport), Montreal, PQ; Jean-Pierre Baracat, vice president, business development, Nova Bus, St. Eustache, PQ.
The following business members have been nominated to two-year terms as business member directors-at-large:
* Albrecht P. Engel, principal, Al Engel, Telford, PA.
* Ghassan Salameh, senior vice president, Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA.
* Enrique Washington, partner, Generator Group LLC, Beaverton, OR.
* Alan C. Wulkan, managing partner, InfraConsult LLC, Scottsdale, AZ.
For more information, contact Jim LaRusch.